The field has been finalized for the 2021 BOOST National taking place Nov. 2-7 at Chestermere Recreation Centre in Chestermere, Alberta.
The second event of the Pinty’s Grand Slam of Curling season features 16 of the best men’s teams and 16 of the best women’s teams in the world.
New for this year’s BOOST National is the event will include a triple knockout preliminary round — a bracket format where teams must win three games before they lose three — to determine the eight teams advancing to the quarterfinals in both divisions.
Triple knockout matches will be released at a later date.
Team Jacobs and Team Hasselborg are the defending champions after winning the 2019 BOOST National titles in Conception Bay South, N.L. The BOOST National was not held last season due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Don’t miss a minute of this world-class event! Full-event and weekend passes plus single draw tickets are now available for the 2021 BOOST National, visit boost.goigniter.com to purchase yours today.
Can’t make it to Chestermere? Tune to Sportsnet and Sportsnet NOW for live broadcast coverage. Broadcast schedule to be announced.
Below is the list of teams set to compete in the 2021 BOOST National.
- Team Brendan Bottcher (Edmonton)
- Team Braden Calvert (Winnipeg)
- Team Peter de Cruz (Geneva, Switzerland)
- Team Matt Dunstone (Regina)
- Team Niklas Edin (Karlstad, Sweden)
- Team John Epping (Toronto)
- Team Jason Gunnlaugson (Winnipeg)
- Team Brad Gushue (St. John’s, N.L.)
- Team Glenn Howard (Penetanguishene, Ont.)
- Team Brad Jacobs (Sault Ste. Marie, Ont.)
- Team Kevin Koe (Calgary)
- Team Mike McEwen (Winnipeg)
- Team Bruce Mouat (Stirling, Scotland)
- Team Ross Paterson (Glasgow, Scotland)
- Team Yannick Schwaller (Bern, Switzerland)
- Team Ross Whyte (Stirling, Scotland)
- Team Corryn Brown (Kamloops, B.C.)
- Team Hollie Duncan (Woodstock, Ont.)
- Team Kerri Einarson (Gimli, Man.)
- Team Tracy Fleury (East St. Paul, Man.)
- Team Satsuki Fujisawa (Kitami, Japan)
- Team Un-Chi Gim (Uijeongbu, South Korea)
- Team Anna Hasselborg (Sundbyberg, Sweden)
- Team Rachel Homan (Ottawa)
- Team Jennifer Jones (Winnipeg)
- Team Min-Ji Kim (Chuncheon, South Korea)
- Team Alina Kovaleva (Saint Petersburg, Russia)
- Team Kelsey Rocque (Edmonton)
- Team Irene Schori (Langenthal, Switzerland)
- Team Silvana Tirinzoni (Aarau, Switzerland)
- Team Laura Walker (Edmonton)
- Team Isabella Wrana (Sundbyberg, Sweden)