SUMMERSIDE, P.E.I. — Get ready for more curling action next season.
The Grand Slam of Curling announced on Friday night an all-new fifth event, the Elite 10, has been added to the schedule for 2014-15. Fans can also expect up to 200 hours of curling coverage on Sportsnet.
Total prize money will rise to a minimum of $700,000 and the $1-million bonus will still be up for grabs if any men’s team can win all five Slam events in a single season.
Additionally, curling legend Kevin Martin will join the broadcast team as an analyst/insider and the Grand Slam of Curling as an official spokesperson. Martin plans to retire after the season-ending Players’ Championship.
2014-15 Grand Slam of Curling schedule
- Masters –- Selkirk, Man., Oct. 28-Nov. 2, Selkirk Arena
- National –- Sault Ste. Marie, Ont., Nov. 19-23, Essar Centre
- Canadian Open –- Yorkton, Sask., Dec. 9-14, Gallagher Centre
- Elite 10 –- Fort McMurray, Alta., March 18-22, 2015, MacDonald Island Park
- Players’ Championship –- Toronto, April 7-12, 2015, at Mattamy Athletic Centre